Updated as at 8 Jun 2019
- Overview and Scope
Your personal data privacy is important to us and Maintech Engineering & Supplies Pte Ltd (“MES”) is highly committed in respecting and managing your Personal Data collected in line with this Policy.
- When and what kind of Personal Data do we collect?
MES may collect, use and disclose the following data about you:
- If and when you contact MES (i.e. telephone calls, online chat programmes, faxes and emails), we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- When you fill up hardcopy job application form to apply for a job at MES;
- If you enter into any contract with MES or purchase any products/services from MES;
- If you participate in any exhibition or event organised by MES or where MES is a participant;
MES may collect the following kinds of Personal Data through the different channels mentioned above:
- Full name;
- Business and/or residential addresses;
- Business and/or personal email addresses;
- Mobile and business telephone numbers;
- Bank account details;
Additionally, if you are applying for employment with MES, MES will collect the following:
- NRIC/ID/Passport numbers, if required;
- Marital Status;
- Date of Birth;
- Educational history and qualifications;
- Employment history and professional qualifications, including testimonials and references;
- Medical, legal and financial history;
- Curricula Vitae, if any;
- Photos and CCTV videos, if applicable;
- Next of Kin, family or emergency contact information;
- What purposes does MES Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data?
MES may use the information we collect from you for any of the following purposes:
- To perform or carry out MES’s obligations, including any projects, arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To enable MES’s subcontractors, third-party agents, service providers, including freelance site specialists, engineers and consultants, to fulfil obligations/services as stipulated in your contract with MES;
- To handle products and services requests and enquiries;
- For payment administration purposes;
- To maintain a copy of records of previous transactions for after-sales and warranty purposes;
- To facilitate the delivery, maintenance and enhancement of MES’s products and services;
- To plan, monitor, and enhance the provision of new products, services, projects, and planning of events;
- To improve MES’s customer service through your feedback;
- To process your enquiries and any and all other ancillary administrative purposes;
- For vendor management and communications purposes;
- For government, audit and other regulatory purposes;
- For recruitment and evaluation purposes if you apply for a job with MES, i.e. to determine job suitability;
- To apply for employee work visas at the Ministry of Manpower;
- For security, safety surveillance and monitoring purposes;
- For internal reporting and/or accounting purposes; and
- Purposes incidental to each or all of the above.
We may also contact you by any means of communication for which you have given us contact details, including but not limited to via email, telephone numbers, and post, for the purpose of getting your feedback or for providing you with information which we believe could be of interest to you or your organisation.
By your submission of your Personal Data to us, you consent to the onward disclosure of your Personal Data to these agents or service providers (as set out in no.3 of “What purposes does MES collect, use and disclose personal data?”) and the processing of your Personal data by these agents or service providers.
We only collect, process, use or disclose such Personal Data, in accordance with this policy. If you are acting as an intermediary, or otherwise on behalf of a third party, or supply us with information regarding a third party, you undertake that you are an authorised representative or agent of such third party and that you have obtained consent from such third party to our collection, processing, use and disclosure of their Personal Data. Because we are collecting the third party’s data from you, you undertake to make the third party aware of all matters listed in this policy by referring them to our agencies’ website.
- Consent for the collection and use of your Personal Data
In this regard, please note that it is on your part to ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct at the time of submission. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Please note that if you do not consent to any of the above business purposes, MES may also be unable to meet the purposes for which the information was collected.
- Does MES disclose Personal Data to third parties?
MES may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act (Cap. 50).
MES will not transfer Personal Data within or outside Singapore unless it is ensured that the Personal Data will be accorded a level of protection which is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
- For how long does MES retain your Personal Data?
MES will cease to retain Personal Data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for collection of such personal data is no longer being served by such retention, and such retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
- How does MES protect your Personal Data?
The Personal Data that we hold about you may be stored on servers hosted locally and at a cloud service provider(s) in Singapore. MES implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your submitted information. All electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured and stored on managed servers with controlled access and appropriate security technologies.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all personal data will be so protected, MES cannot be responsible for any unauthorised use or misuse of such information and from risks which are inherent in all internet communications.
Your Personal Data will only be disclosed for the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested and shall not be sold or disclosed to any other company for any other reason whatsoever without your consent.
- Access and Correction of Personal Data
Please contact us via email@example.com should you wish to have access to or seek to update, correct or withdraw the consent to collect and use your Personal Data. Your email should identify yourself and state which Personal Data and information about its use and/or disclosure is requested.
- Further Information
MES reserves the right to change this Policy with or without notice from time to time.